Wednesday, October 19, 2005

it's getting harder and harder

to bike in this town. oh, I'm committed, but I could use a break. 2 weeks ago I got a ticket from a bored, power-tripping cop for "rolled thru stop sign, will do again"; fucking right i will if it keeps me safe and ahead of the yahoos. and yesterday I was attacked by 3 vicious dogs...for the 3rd time this summer...reported them finally after a personal appeal to the owner. and all the while athens-clarke county is holding forums to decide WHETHER to put bike lanes in on prince avenue or NOT. its a no brainer, its a main artery into town thru a quaint old neighborhood trying to preserve its pedestrian/bike friendly feel. let me tell you, the sharrows and lil yellow 'share the road' signs alone are not working! bubba in his big ass diesel truck and plethora of soccer moms who think they need a frickin suburban to haul kids around DO NOT CARE about sharing the road with me. they wonder how they can edge over to go around me with out sideswiping their precious metal tanks and well, they just don't, they barrel right on through. yeah, I could use a break and so could all of them, get out of your frickin trucks, SUVs, cars and walk the few blocks it takes to run an errand in this town of 35,000 students and in what is in fact, the smallest county in the entire state of georgia; yeah, smallest of 159 flippin counties. get out of my way people, I'm mad and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

No comments: