Saturday, October 01, 2005

biorhythm-bungled birthday

ever mapped yours? biorhythm? theres a vicious curve to 3 components: intellectual, emotional, and physical. google it, they're as pervasive as horoscope sites. anyway my chart was "right on" this past month in terms of the downward plunges of the chart matching my monthly cycle, my occasional depression, my loss of vocabulary...still waiting to assess the synchronicity of the upward swing but i'm in it right now and feelin much better. thing is, its based solely on a date...as in anyone using that date of birth is on that rhythm, hard to believe but it has mirrored me so far...or have i mirrored it? hmmm. in any case, it made this the hardest birthday ever. half-full glass girl crashed. yeah, it wasnt fun. writing this now i see that my one strength was in feelin it, or just riding it out, and not trying to dodge it b/c it was unpleasant. therapist taught me that years ago. so i hit the bottom on my birthday, which the chart predicted as 2-3 days prior...close enough if the chart rules everyone ever born on 9/30/62...and then i just let it all out and friends rallied round, coworkers, family, and yes, my reluctant lover. reluctant only in the sense that he just wasnt ready for the pressures of a social engagement with a new lover and her posse where drinking and all sorts of elements change the dynamic. in the end, my sadness was lifted by that very lover, in the sweetest and most heartfelt and selfless way, and it didnt hurt that the evening became a bbq in my own backyard with just a few of my closest and favorite peeps.
a baby, thanks for giving me my smile back, and k,g,k,l,m,g,& g, thanks for bein my peeps, i love ya'll. now i'm off to sunday dinner at moms tomorrow...

No comments: