Wednesday, September 28, 2005

i'm in love

coldplay...wow i'm in love. saw coldplay tonight at philips arena with my good friend dan who knew enough of my passion for music to take me even tho i didnt really know their music. the ipod/gap ad style backlit stage graphics were cool but the showmanship is what was awesome as are their politics and the whole vibe of the show. chris is a bono/stipe/sting composite and he has truly made piano music sensual and evoking, more than ben folds five, sarah, tori, or others before him. my favorite moment was during yellow when giant yellow balloons fell from the ceiling and were bounced about the crowd only to be popped and explode with millions of shiny gold confetti pieces which rained down on everyone in a warm enveloping feeling...and i looked down to catch one and realized that i was wearing my new ochre yellow cords. feelin very good here. then there was the stunning encore by stipe and chris playing while michael sang night swimming.
fix you was especially touching as i thought about a friend who had just told me he loved the song...yeah i'm in love.

No comments: